Project Profiles - Restaurant
Potstickers Asian Grill & Sushi Bar, Newark, DE
Building the first upscale, Euro-Asian, sit-down restaurant for Li and Elizabeth Shih – an authentic, stylish and functional space to showcase their sophisticated Asian cooking.
Premier Builders and Studio JAED, architect
- Integrating the unique design ideas of the owners, which included custom niches for artifacts, a five-foot Buddha, a waterfall, and a huge mural, printed in Taiwan, which needed to be professionally installed.
- Incorporating customized cooking equipment, from a Chinese restaurant equipment supplier in New York City.
- Creating an upscale ambiance beyond what’s expected in a strip mall, which was the setting for this new restaurant.
Premier Builders’ Solutions:
- We worked through a number of issues under pressure to make sure the restaurant and sushi bar was up to code.
- Due to the complexity of the finishes, we collaborated closely with the architect to make selections and decisions as construction progressed.
- Because we are large enough to handle the job but small enough to respond quickly, we were able to complete the project in the tight 12-week lead-time.
- A review in the News Journal said, “Potstickers has a stylish sophisticated decor that surpasses its strip-mall setting.” Mission accomplished.