Project Profiles - Restaurant
PureBread Deli, Wilmington, DE
When PureBread Deli opened its fourth location — in a brand-new facility adjacent to the Wilmington Post Office — it wanted to carry its new signature look into two of its existing locations.
Premier Builders; Mitchell Associates, architect; Mike Nardozzi & Ken Alkire, business owners; New Castle County.
- Renovating two 7-year-old restaurants that were in need of new layouts, updated interiors and more efficient space planning.
- Bringing these two full interior renovation projects to final completion in 12 days or less so as to not disturb an already fully operational business. (These projects would normally take about 40 days, and this was like tackling a real-life “Extreme Makeover: Home Edition” TV challenge.)
- Doing these projects during their slower times, around July 4th and Labor Day, so as to minimally impact the business.
Premier Builders’ Solutions:
- We worked closely with the owners and the architect to develop a cost-effective plan.
- To meet our aggressive construction deadline, we coordinated a precise schedule with the property landlord, equipment suppliers, interior designer and other vendors.
- Instead of scheduling inspections as we proceeded, we prescheduled all of our inspections — with the municipality, the board of health, the fire marshal and the electrical inspection agency — when we went to New Castle County to get the building permit.
- We worked closely as a team with all of our trade professionals to commit to work on these holiday weekends, when they would have normally been off vacationing with their families.
Comments from the Client:
“From the beginning, Premier Builders had a clear vision of what the outcome should be and how to get there. Ken provided hands-on oversight; was very well organized and planned the projects thoroughly. Candace has a great insight into dealing with county and permits, a rare quality. Their knowledge, experience and management are all top-notch. It was truly a team effort.”