Project Profiles & Testimonials
Dr. Lavenburg, MD, PA, Abby Medical Center
Premier Builders; Rebecca Blake, Martin Summers and Mary Severino, architects with MGZA; Bell Ophthalmic Technology for instruments and equipment; EyeDesigns for the optical casework; Varitronix for the call system.
- Combining two busy ophthalmology practices into one state-of-the-art facility in the Abby Medical Center in Newark, DE.
- Making an efficient space that would satisfy both patient and staff needs.
- Protecting the existing custom cherry door moldings and replicating that finish on the new moldings.
- Finding an alternative route for deliveries so as not to damage the marble floor in the elaborate lobby.
- Working around another contractor, who was rehabbing a dentist office above our space, to safeguard our adjacent pipes and sprinklers.
Premier Builders Solutions:
- Our goal was to make the move as easy as possible for the owner and office manager, while they were running the practice.
- The building was occupied, so all work had to coordinated with the neighbors. We also coordinated our project with industry and specialty suppliers, and made sure all design requirements were met.
- The existing pipes in the concrete floor were not where they were indicated on the building plan, so we had to redesign on the fly, submit revisions to NCC, and back-charge the building owner for not giving us accurate plans. We did this extra work while keeping the job on schedule.
“I was impressed with the ability of the Premier Builders team to respond quickly to challenges during the fast-paced construction process. Although there were many details to manage between the installation of equipment, cabinets, display cases, phone and IT systems, the office was ready for patients in late February as planned.”