Project Profiles - Historic/Residential
Plan a two story addition to the 1732 original farmhouse of Bridleshire Farms community that has the same look and feel of the original home but adds modern conveniences .
Ken Ralsten and the team from Premier Builders
- Ensure that the addition is built to look like a part of the original home and not an afterthought
- Large airy family room for active family of five
- Update Master Suite with charm of yesteryear
Premier Builders’ Solutions:
- All new exterior framed walls were done with 2” x 8”framing to match existing deep window wells, which also offered opportunity to add extra insulation
- Use true divided light windows to match existing
- Secure reclaimed wood so that new hardwood floor would match with existing
- Hand select with owner antique reclaimed chestnut beams used decoratively in Family Room ceiling
Comments from the Client:
“When I found that I had to leave my existing office, I was in a bind. I needed to renovate the suites I had purchased quickly and transform them into one office. I turned to Premier Builders, who had renovated my dentist’s office. I had been very impressed by the work they did there.
“As our three sons got bigger, our home suddenly felt smaller. We didn’t want to move, we love our old home. But it was dark and small – or should I say “cozy”. When Ken came out to meet us, we told him we wanted a big, light and airy family room where the whole family would gather together. Our new Master Bath and workout room are such a pleasure for us to use daily. Working with Premier Builders was so easy. We recommend Ken and his team highly.”